In a world completely dominated by technology, it is necessary to have several versatile elements that are capable of evolving when it does too. For all companies, it is vital to cover certain aspects in which all models and web platforms are involved to optimize the brand of the company.
When a company offers all its services and products through a web page, it is important that the creation of this is carried out by professionals not only of marketing but also of web design, and to optimize its use it should not only be in this way but that must be responsive web design.
What is responsive web design?
It is the set of elements through which it is possible to assemble a web page design that is able to fully or partially adapt its general appearance, this depending on the device through which it is accessed, that is, it will look different from a computer, tablet, smartphone, among others.
As stated before, technology has been constantly evolving, therefore web design must go hand in hand with this technological growth. Each new device that emerges in the market is changing all its specifications and features in the quest to become a more modern device, in this way so do responsive web design, adapting its characteristics to each device model that requires it.
Origin of responsive web design.
Although it is difficult to believe, this type of responsive web design has been implemented for about 10 years, when a company that is responsible for the regulation and standardization of certain processes used by computer professionals, launched this as a recommendation in 2008.
The company that created the idea of the first responsive web design was the World Wide Web Consortium known as W3C, and made it public in articles that corresponded to the Mobile Web Best Practices category, so that the rest of the world began to consider this type of design and also began the development of practices that would position it as one of the most important methods of web design today.
How does the responsive web design application work?
For the responsive web design to be successful, it is essential that it comes hand in hand with certain CCS3 modules (programming language for web design) known as media queries, this ensures that the program fully adapts the web page that is being used the opening for the characteristics that the device possesses at that moment.
Basically, they are a series of instructions that the program gives to the HTML that is based on the characteristics of the user device, in this way the web page is able to adapt with great ease to whatever the resolution of the equipment.
This arises due to the need of users to observe a web page that is fully functional from any device that you want. A web page is configured based on the amount of space that exists for it, and it varies in size on tablets, phones, computers, and many more computers.
The responsive web design not only considers the resolution of the screens in which the website is being visited, but also takes into account the orientation in which the device is located, vertical and horizontal, and must also display it depending on this.
Advantages of using responsive web design.
Having a website today is not synonymous with being at the forefront, although it is true that it has migrated to the most used platform in the world, it is also growing under it. In the field of technology, space has been constantly given for constant evolution, which is why it is important to go with it.
– Having a responsive web design means that the work done to create the website is adjusted to the needs and specifications of the device, thus improving the navigation experience exponentially.
– Only with some simple commands in HTML and CCS can be automatically configured each resolution that has the devices through which the web page is visualized. This completely optimizes the entire procedure since it is practically automatically adjusting to the standards and characteristics under which the devices operate.
– The use of responsive web design considerably reduces the costs of maintenance or creation of web pages that fit each device or screen through which the visit will be made. This undoubtedly manages to avoid the tedious and expensive task of having to perform a different program for each operating system and also for each version of the different equipment.
– Previously, to enter a web page that lacked a responsive web design from any of the devices, and these were not compatible, they showed web results that usually showed other options to redirect the content to other pages that if they completely showed the same. After the development of responsive web design, only a web address appears that completely shows all the elements that make up the page.
Why is responsive web design necessary?
Currently, it is very important that all companies in the web platform migrate to responsive web design because:
– The companies that operate under the web platform must take into account the constant evolution of the technology, it is important to understand that every day millions and millions of people invest a great amount of time in the use of their electronic devices, through these they perform Various activities, among them the purchases and the hiring of some services, so it is important that your website is completely available to the public and works correctly.
– Responsive web design makes the user experience much more pleasant and easy, because it adjusts visually automatically and prevents them from having to go through the tedious task of opening multiple redirect links to view the page, and perhaps I do it with certain errors.
– It improves completely your positioning in the search engine (SEO) since, over the years, search engines have updated their algorithms and position in the first places those pages that can offer quality experiences to users.